martedì 10 maggio 2011

Google app engine with go language

Google app engine has the numbers to move developers. I have seen it with python, when app engine was still young. Will it change the trajectory of go?

I'm lucky. I started to work with app engine from the very beginning. Thanks to that I learned to use python. I bet many developers did the same. Back then, 2008, I walked in a library to buy a book on python. I found 2 maybe 3 books about it, here in London. Now, a couple of weeks ago I saw an entire section about python. Is app engine responsible for this? I don't know, although there are numbers that make me think that it is at least partially responsible.

In the release blog post or in some page related to the google io of today I was reading numbers about the usage of app engine, they are impressive. 1.5 billion pages a day (was 0.5 a few months ago), 100k developers... So, there is something true if I say that app engine (and google) is responsible to the success of python. Now the question is : Will app engine push up the trajectory of go? 

Nessun commento: